Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, but they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement.
Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behavior that brings out the very best in every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank.
Executive Assistant, Transaction Banking
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Lagos
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
- Organizing the Head of Transaction Banking and Transaction Banking Team’s Schedules:
- Co-ordinate Head of Transaction Banking’s schedules and Transaction Banking team departmental functions: Meetings, training, conferences, webinars, and group visits
- Planning and scheduling meetings and managing appointments
- Co-ordinating travel engagements and guest arrangements
- Maintenance of various administrative elements: Org Charts, Trackers, etc
- Business Performance:
- Participate in articulating Transaction Banking’s business strategy
- Analysis of Revenues and Returns for Products
- Preparation of performance presentations for various stakeholders
- Tracking performance to budget and identifying risks and opportunities to deliver the targeted business performance
- Analyze and report on the Transaction Banking deal pipeline
- Co-ordinate accurate forecast submissions within appropriate timelines
- Ensure accurate and timely data input quality on all group reporting systems i.e Workbench, Peoplesoft, SQL, Tableau, etc
- Business Administration:
- Organize purchase and maintenance of office supplies and oversee expenses for the Transaction Banking team
- Prepare advances, reconciliations, and claims for the Transaction Banking team
- Co-ordinate staff training programs, initiatives, and leave plans
- Engage relevant stakeholders in reconciling the TB costs in alignment with the Cost agenda
- Liaising with TB West Africa Team and stakeholders – CCIB, Segment and Product heads, Tech & Ops, BORMs/UORMs in relation to the TB Agenda
- Tracking, registering, and maintaining a database of regulatory directives/circulars
- Risk Report: Assist with the coordination and reporting of the Transaction Banking Cluster Forum.
- Any other activity as required by the Group or Region to be delivered to support the Transaction Banking Head’s targets and the Transaction Banking teams’ deliverables from time to time.
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information, and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work with the Transaction Banking team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles, Fair outcomes for clients, Effective Operation of Financial Markets, Financial Crime prevention, and The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance with all client due diligence (CDD), Anti-money Laundering (AML), and sanctions policies and procedures
- Africa and Middle East Transaction Banking Team (Segment/Business/Product/Sales Heads, Transaction Banking Sales, Product, Implementation, Business Risk, Corporate Service Manager, etc)
- West Africa Business Partners (Finance, HR, etc)
- West Africa CCIB Client coverage teams
- Embeds “Here for good” and Group’s brand and values,
- Performs other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business, or Functional policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model, behaving with integrity and demonstrating exemplary conduct
- Ensure effective communication of activity expectations and provide quality feedback as required/appropriate
- Ensure the team is updated on performance and business expectations
- Responsible to the sales managers for all-around activity/sales performance/compliance of the area team
- Excellent working knowledge of a wide range of financial products available in the market and competitor product placing and strategies