Reason why Travis Scott and Astroworld Organisers Sued for $750m

Travis Scott
Travis Scott

 

The reason why Travis Scott and Astroworld Organisers Sued for $750m

More than 125 people involved in the deadly attraction of the Astroworld music festival have sued rapper Travis Scott and other organizers for $750 million (£556 million) The family of 21-year-old Axel Acosta, one of ten victims, are among those filing a lawsuit in the United States.

It is alleged that Scott and guest star Drake continued to perform despite stories of “lifeless bodies walking through the crowd in front of the stage Scott said he didn’t know about the tragedy until he left the stage.

Last week, the rapper said he was “upset” about the events of November 5 in Houston, Texas, and vowed to “help” any affected families His fellow rapper, Drake, said his “heart breaks for the family and friends of those who lost their lives and for all those who have suffered.”

Documents filed in the US also list the organizers of the Live Nation Festival; tech giant Apple, which broadcast the concert; record labels Scott Epic and Cactus Jack; operator of the NRG Park facility in Houston; and companies that provide security and medical services.

In this case, it is alleged that Acosta was “grieved by the agitated, rebellious, fleeing crowd” and was dying while the music lasted nearly 40 minutes.

“Naturally, neither Travis Scott nor his leaders, entourage, managers, agents, supporters, promoters, organizers or sponsors have any interest in Axel protecting him or the entire concert,” the message read.

After the concert, Scott said on Instagram that he couldn’t imagine the seriousness of the situation during the performance.

Live Nation said in a statement, “We continue to support and assist local authorities with the ongoing investigation so that both fans and their families in attendance receive the answers they want and deserve, and we will address legal issues in due course. ”

The other defendants did not respond directly to questions from the US media Dozens of cases have been filed by survivors and victims’ families.

However, Attorney Tony Buzbee said he intends to file a new case with another 100 plaintiffs soon.